Think: remembering the main points
- Best Supporting Act: John 1:6-23
- Explain context & Read passage
- John’s obedience in ministry
- Jesus’ obedience in baptism
Talk: questions that stimulate application
- Have you ever taken part in a daring challenge – how was that?
- What is the most difficult thing that God has asked you to do?
- Why was John the Baptist able to humble himself?
- Is there a link here between humility and obedience? In what way?
- Thinking of the Fall (Genesis 3) – why is obedience such a challenge to us?
- In what areas of your life do you struggle to obey God?
- Can you think of Biblical examples of obedience that can inspire you?
- What does obedience look like in your workplace? In your family life?
Task: actions speak louder than words
- Personal exercise – take time to think individually about this: Are there issues of disobedience that you need to return to and correct?
- Share about one significant area in your life where obedience is a battle and share it with your group and you pray for one another.
- Think and talk as a group identifying 4 things that could make you more supportive towards each other in your quest for living obedient daily lives.
For PDF File click here Best Supporting Act